Facebook has quietly doubled the number of images and videos that can be included in its carousel ads, to 10 from five.
Twitter has responded to complaints about abuse on the platform by introducing features such as a quality filter, and letting users limit their notifications to followers only. The quality filter factors in user behavior and the length of time accounts have been active.
... and partnering with the Unity game development toolset for easy publishing on the service.
Snapchat has been wooing TV networks and movie studios to create content for Discover, and efforts so far have led to a multiyear partnership with NBCUniversal, which will develop content on the platform related to shows such as "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon." The shift to TV-type content could create challenges for Discover's current content partners who have built businesses around magazine formats, observers say.
Pinterest has launched promoted videos that play sound and link viewers to pins for related products for purchase. Pinterest has seen a 60% increase in video saves to the platform in the last year and says that 75% of links and images saved come from businesses.
More Articles ...
- How to work with ad blockers, not against them
- Univision is buying Gawker Media for $135 million
- 84% of millennials use their phones while shopping in store [report]
- Vurb bought by Snapchat, insiders report
- VR becomes reality for B2Bs
- Join 4,000 Marketers at the Web’s Premier Social Media Conference