The Social Mediopolis 2016 demographic survey from our Social Media Marketing group on LinkedIn is ready! The Social Media Marketing Group is the largest group of LinkedIn, with nearly 1.25 million members.
Key Points Include:
- International registration is gaining, up to 44% vs 56% U.S.
- More senior titles than ever are involved in social media decisions
- Small and Medium Businesses (SMBs) are still the sweet spot, at almost 30%
- Facebook advertising still dominates marketing tool use but distribution platforms like Marketo, HubSpot & HootSuite show strong growth
- New business/lead generation and Customer engagement/retention are driving over 70% of social media implementation
- Reputation management is growing by leaps and bounds
Microsoft just surprised everyone with its plans to acquire LinkedIn for $26.2 billion in cash. While many financial analysts will be inspecting the details more closely, a lot of onlookers simply want to know... why? Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella has sent an internal memo to staff about the LinkedIn acquisition, and it attempts to answer why the company is interested in the social networking giant.
Instagram has become more popular with advertisers than Twitter, according to Strata, with 63% of agencies surveyed saying they would choose the photo platform, in comparison with 56% who would invest in Twitter. Nearly all respondents plan to use Facebook.
Gawker Media is declaring bankruptcy and the company will be put up for auction after a judge ruled that a $140 million jury judgment against it in a costly legal battle with former professional wrestler Hulk Hogan would stand.
Macy's harnessed the power of image recognition with an app that enables consumers to upload images of products, which the app then matches with similar items available in one of its stores. With the rise of image-sharing sites like Pinterest and Instagram, brands should start investing in image recognition tools to monitor trends and engage audiences,
More Articles ...
- This May Be the Most Insane YouTube Ad You've Seen All Year
- The Latest Ad Specifications for Social Networks [Infographic]
- Digital advertising will outgrow TV in 2017
- Twitter Insiders: A Research Hub for Brands, Agencies
- How millennial buyers are making B2B purchases
- Pinterest, Oracle show pins do spike in-store purchases