Microsoft just surprised everyone with its plans to acquire LinkedIn for $26.2 billion in cash. While many financial analysts will be inspecting the details more closely, a lot of onlookers simply want to know... why? Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella has sent an internal memo to staff about the LinkedIn acquisition, and it attempts to answer why the company is interested in the social networking giant.
Instagram has become more popular with advertisers than Twitter, according to Strata, with 63% of agencies surveyed saying they would choose the photo platform, in comparison with 56% who would invest in Twitter. Nearly all respondents plan to use Facebook.
Gawker Media is declaring bankruptcy and the company will be put up for auction after a judge ruled that a $140 million jury judgment against it in a costly legal battle with former professional wrestler Hulk Hogan would stand.
Macy's harnessed the power of image recognition with an app that enables consumers to upload images of products, which the app then matches with similar items available in one of its stores. With the rise of image-sharing sites like Pinterest and Instagram, brands should start investing in image recognition tools to monitor trends and engage audiences,
The agency Technically Incorrect offers a slightly twisted take on the tech that's taken over our lives.
More Articles ...
- The Latest Ad Specifications for Social Networks [Infographic]
- Digital advertising will outgrow TV in 2017
- Twitter Insiders: A Research Hub for Brands, Agencies
- How millennial buyers are making B2B purchases
- Pinterest, Oracle show pins do spike in-store purchases
- Snapchat's Redesign is Aimed at Attracting More Eyeballs for Publishers and Brands