Facebook Monday announced a policy update for its Messenger Platform, as well as a revamped review policy for submissions by developers.
Media companies such as Comedy Central, CNN, People, Cosmopolitan and Food Network have been quick to try out Instagram's new Stories feature. The platform is making Stories highly visible by placing them at the top of users' feeds, with Food Network reporting that its Stories have consistently surpassed 100,000 views.
Instagram's direct-response ad offer hasn't taken off because marketers opt instead for the reliable and cheaper alternative on parent company Facebook, DigitasLBi's Jeanne Bright says. Instagram has an advantage, though, with mobile app download success, according to Essence's Gila Wilensky.
Discover how companies are using their reviews, both positive and negative, to drive sales.
Facebook announced this week that it had been successful in preventing ad blocking from working on its desktop site, but Adblock Plus has declared that it has found a way to circumvent the technology. Facebook issued a statement that the Adblock Plus fix blocks some content as well as ads.
More Articles ...
- Pinterest reveals Google-esque ad bidding
- Snapchat sandwiches more ads between friends' stories
- 8 tips to win over the most skeptical customers
- Retailers talk mobile strategies but note challenges
- With Instagram’s Algorithm Change, Brands Need To Be On Their Game
- Facebook Adds New Features & Metrics for 360 Video