Google's Chrome 53 is now available for Android devices, introducing among other features the option of secure web-based with a credit card or Android Pay. PaymentRequest will also work with other browsers and platforms as they introduce it.
Twitter is upgrading its Direct Messages to make bigger inroads on popular messaging apps. New features include typing indicators, Read Receipts and web link previews, as well as the ability in group messages to see which people see shared items.
Facebook's new look-alike audiences feature lets marketers replicate the makeup of existing targeted audiences in new territories. The platform is also letting marketers cross-post videos from other Pages as long as they get permission from the original poster.
There are some standard pieces of advice among social media marketers: Create shareable content, include links, measure everything, use hashtags. However an analysis of more than 137,000 tweets by Ryan McCready, content editor at infographics design platform Venngage, suggests that hashtags may not be worth your time, and they may even be detrimental to your campaigns.
Tumblr followed July’s introduction of ads across users’ blogs with an announcement Thursday that it will add affiliate links.
More Articles ...
- LinkedIn adds conversion tracking for sponsored content
- Facebook Adds 2 Global Ad-Targeting Features
- LinkedIn Revamps Desktop Publishing Experience, Adds Other New Features
- Hashtags become searchable on LinkedIn
- How Pinterest has opened up its audience to brands
- Newer social channels fail to deliver as election nears