Twitter is about to make a big change to the way that tweets work, The Verge has independently confirmed.
Adblock Plus is launching a new service that... uh, puts more ads on your screen. Rather than stripping all ads from the internet forever, Adblock Plus is hoping to replace the bad ads - anything it deems too big, too ugly, or too intrusive - with good ads, ones that are smaller, subtler, and theoretically much less annoying.
On October 1st, the US is supposed to hand the "keys" of the internet to ICANN, and Congress is not happy about it. The mostly Republican lawmakers, led by Ted Cruz, feel that ceding control will stifle online freedom and give power to authoritarian governments. However, technology companies including Facebook, Google and Twitter penned an open letter to Congress, urging lawmakers to hand internet domain control to the international community as promised.
An Important Must Read: NEW Definitive Guide to Social Media Marketing, for Experts and Novices alike
The continued growth of social media usage around the world means that participation is no longer optional - it's an absolute necessity. But, how do you win in this social world? Download the NEW Definitive Guide to Social Media Marketing to learn how to create a winning social media strategy and generate a real ROI.
DOWNLOAD NOW at no cost.
Discover how to:
- Define goals to help you choose the right social platforms
- Create social media content to drive value across the customer lifecycle
- Measure and optimize the effectiveness of your campaigns
- Increase engagement and positive actions for your brand
For a closer look at how you can engage and connect with your audience, click here to register for a free and informative marketing automation overview.
Facebook’s big picture mission is to “connect the world”, to provide internet access to everyone and facilitate better understanding and community through shared knowledge and understanding. And that’s a noble vision, no doubt, and one that everyone can get behind, but at the same time Facebook has often been criticized for this objective.
More Articles ...
- How brands can use the ever-growing popularity of Facebook Reactions
- Mark Hamill: ‘I Do What You Do—Communicate With The Public’
- 3 retail marketing misconceptions debunked
- Chrome 53 comes to Android with payment feature
- Twitter upgrades Direct Messages to compete with messaging apps
- Facebook allows video cross-posting, launches look-alike audiences