Newfangled social media channels, such as Periscope and Snapchat, haven't made much of an impression this election season, experts say. "When you look back on it at articles a year or so ago calling 2016 the Meerkat election, it almost seems like parody now," said David Uberti of the Columbia Journalism Review.
eMarketerreleased its first ad revenue projections for Snapchat, calling for $366.69 million in 2016 and a leap to $935.46 million in 2017.
It’s about time.
Social networking is pretty marvelous, but it isn’t the end-all-be-all for making business connections. There are actually times when you’d do better to look elsewhere.
Live streaming video is now available for to everyone using Facebook Messenger with the latest version of the app. The new feature brings Messenger into competition with a similar offering from Snapchat.
More Articles ...
- Samsung recalls Galaxy Note 7 worldwide due to exploding battery fears
- YouTube vets videos for ad friendliness - is it censorship?
- Top brands struggle to rein in fake social accounts
- Flipboard, Rubicon Project partner on programmatic ads
- Periscope Live Videos, Highlights Can Be Monetized via Twitter Amplify
- Twitter to allow US users to share in ad revenue