Pinterest has bought Instapaper, the app that lets consumers save content to view later. The deal gives Pinterest access to more behavioral data, enabling it to better target content and upping its capabilities to rival Facebook as the place to go to discover new things.
Facebook introduced its Slideshow feature last October, allowing brands to create video ads out of groups of still images, and the social network announced a host of new Slideshow features Tuesday.
Google has announced that it will begin cracking down on "intrusive interstitials" on January 10, 2017, because this type of ad "can be problematic on mobile devices where screens are often smaller." Google will be potentially penalizing - i.e., lowering the rankings - of these web pages.
Programmatic advertising results in a 55% increase of in-store sales and 35% incremental conversions, Accordant Media reports. The study found that programmatic ads led to a 78% lift in sales among consumers in the consideration phase and a 25% lift among those in the awareness phase.
Location-based shopping service Retale is taking advantage of Facebook Messenger's new option to send subscription messages with the launch of RetaleBot. Retale describes the bot as a personal assistant with the potential to outperform the Retale app with personalized shopping recommendations.
More Articles ...
- Why it's time to invest in shared media
- Coca-Cola's #ThatsGold is brand's all-time biggest social media campaign
- Facebook woos teens with Snapchat-like video app
- Olympics show industry shift toward digital ads, live streaming
- Front-Loading Branding Makes Twitter Video Ads More Effective [Study]
- Oracle Is Funding a New Anti-Google Group