If you’re like most small-business owners, you spend your day providing a great customer experience that sets you apart from your competition. The quality of your service is key now that digital word of mouth is the most effective form of advertising. This doesn’t leave much time to stay current with the latest online-marketing developments.
To help navigate today’s brave new world of digital marketing for small business, as well as outline principles that are critical for your success, I’ve outlined eight terms that should be in every small-business owner’s vocabulary. Understanding the “why” and “what” will improve your marketing efforts and ability to attract and retain valuable customers.
This week, Twitter opened up its archive to the public, making it possible for users to search every Tweet that's ever been published. According to the site's engineering blog, Twitter's search engine has indexed about half a trillion sent tweets, dating from its launch in 2006.
Previously, the entire archive was only available to a few partners, like social analytics platform Gnip (which was subsequently acquired by Twitter in September), the Library of Congress and MIT's new Laboratory for Social Machines, which got a $10 million investment from the social giant in October.
Twitter's new search engine means that you can now search for any tweet ever sent. And there are half a trillion of them now available to view.
Twitter has opened up its whole catalogue of messages to a search engine, meaning that its entire content, around 500 billion documents, is available to sift through online.
The social network launched around eight and a half years ago, and now claims to have some 284 million monthly active users.
Used the wrong way, social media can have a negative impact on your business. One little error can set your brand's reputation back for a long time. Making mistakes is human. But how can you stay alert and make sure your brand avoids the most common slip-ups?
Let’s take a look at these 7 key social media to mistakes mistakes to avoid.
Who doesn't want their facebook posts to go viral? Viral facebook posts can really help boost your social media presence which is in turn a great brand awareness tactic. So how do you do it? In this ebook, created by Marketo and social media expert Brian Carter, you'll learn how to create posts that more people will want to share.
Click here: http://bit.ly/10C02T6
The ebook includes:
• Facebook post best practices
• Real Facebook case studies
• New research on how people interact on Facebook
• Information about the marketing ecosystem on Facebook
• Discussion of the concept of virality and whether it's truly possible on Facebook
• Tips for creating highly shareable posts
• Information on what mistakes make posts un-shareable
- Twitter Will Onboard Users With “Instant Timeline”, Inject Top Tweets From “While You Were Away”
- Pew Privacy Study Finds Huge Concern About Control Of Personal Data Online
- The 10 Essential Tips for B2B Marketing Success in a Digital Economy
- Instagram Upgrades Editing, Search, and Explore Features
- Twitter Sets Its Sights on Chinese Brands With New Hong Kong Office
- How to Improve Your Facebook Clickthrough Rates With Better Images