Digital Marketing Director
Confidential (600 employees, $320MM, not-for-profit)
Reports to the Vice President, Technology
This person has 3-4 direct reports
Company is the largest educational travel organization in the Unites States and is accredited as a school by the regional accrediting bodies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Company specializes in providing educational travel opportunities to more than 300,000 students annually in 85 countries around the world. Their programs support the study of history, science, performance, foreign languages, and business to meet the educational needs of elementary, secondary and university level students, as well as providing specialized international sports and performance conferences, events and festivals.
After almost 50 years and several acquisitions, Company now has 600 full time employees in over 20 locations, as well as 600 part time/seasonal associates with $320MM in annual revenue.
The Digital Marketing Director is responsible for the development and execution of the company’s digital marketing strategy and program elements to drive awareness of company’s brand and products and sales leads. Digital channels include email marketing, website lead capture, SEO, PPC, social media, and digital advertising. Responsibilities include development of an improved overall website strategy, the successful implementation of the marketing/email automation platform, and managing the integration of marketing information with the company’s CRM. Responsibilities also include the procurement and management of purchased prospect lists and internal customer lists across divisions. The Digital Marketing Director will be responsible for managing a team and ensuring their performance drives business results.
· Develop and execute digital marketing strategy and recommended budget in collaboration with the Technology and Marketing organizations.
· Develop digital analytics strategy with team members, and makes recommendations for improvement based on results and metrics
· Develop and execute strategy for increasing web leads to meet company goals
· Assist in development and execution of SEO strategy (including website presentation of company’s product lines, website content, landing pages, social media, and link building programs) in collaboration with VP and potentially with outside consultants
· Serve as company subject matter expert on email marketing strategy for promotional, trigger, nurture and other campaigns, including developing best practices for creative and call to action, testing, deployment, and analysis of effectiveness
· Serve as company expert on customer segmentation. Also serves as company subject matter expert on prospect and customer lists and develops process for efficient use within and among divisions
· Manage relationship with external vendors including database and list providers, and email marketing platform provider.
· Manage team members to ensure that all department work is delivered on time, on budget, and meet company goals
Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree or higher; technical degree or extended industry certifications a plus
· 7+ years digital marketing experience preferred
· Strong knowledge of digital marketing best practices and current trends
· Experience building and integrating a company-wide digital marketing plan
· Demonstrated success in the development and execution of SEO, PPC strategy and tactics and digital advertising programs
· Demonstrated success in the usage of email marketing platforms and best practices
· Experience in prospect list management and customer segmentation
· Working knowledge of HTML
· Excellent team management skills: personnel management, project management skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to manage deadlines
· Excellent analytical skills to measure and improve ROI of digital initiatives
· Experience managing outside vendors
· Problem Solving
· Business Acumen
· Mission Driven
· Motivating Others
· Integrity & Trust
· Customer Focus
Bachelor’s degree required. Technical degree or advanced industry certifications a plus.
Compensation will be commensurate with the individual’s background and experience.
Senior Consultant, Executive Search
The Buller Group, LLC
10780 Parkridge Blvd., Suite 150
Reston, VA 20191