It seems like only yesterday that everyone was talking about Meerkat, and Periscoping their daily lives, but that was now more than two years ago.
Facebook Live came late to the live-streaming party, but quickly gained momentum, and is now arguably the leading live-streaming platform, with The Social Network continuing to increase its video focus.
Instagram is reportedly looking to launch a new feature called ‘Nametags’ which would enable users to create their own, customized Instagram code which can be scanned in using the app’s camera, immediately connecting you to that users’ account.
While Twitter is known as a key source for breaking news, the platform also offers significant potential in customer service, with many brands providing faster response than via traditional contact methods.
If you’re still using Twitter data – like Likes, re-tweets and shares – as indicators of success for your social marketing program, you likely need to re-assess your process.
As has been widely covered in recent times, Twitter’s systems can easily be gamed through purchased bots and interactions, which largely de-values such metrics.
Social media has become a key part of our broader interactive process, but one area in which social has particular relevance is in documenting parenthood, and the lives of our young ones as they grow.
That’s important, not only from the parents’ perspective, but also from the viewpoint of the children, some of which now have their entire life history documented online.
More Articles ...
- How Cambridge Analytica Highlighted a Major Flaw in Marketing
- 5 Reasons Why We Are Wired to Respond to Visual Marketing [Infographic]
- Could Snapchat be Looking to Switch Back to a Chronological Feed?
- 11 Pro Email Marketing Tips [Infographic]
- The Brand Value of Influencer Marketing in 2018 [Infographic]
- Facebook's Implementing Disclosure on "Issues Ads", Adding Verification Requirement for Page Managers