Twitter really wants publishers to embed Vines (its short, looping videos) into their sites, so today it released a WordPress plugin that makes it easier to do so.
Built on top of the Vine oEmbed API, the new official Vine plugin for WordPress lets users embed a Vine simply by pasting in the URL. More, from Twitter:
Great SEO can make a company, bad SEO can kill a company. For consumers, links are a way to learn more information about a subject, but to search engines they can serve as an indication of content that’s popular. If multiple pages link to the same article or news item, search algorithms assume it must be of value and rank it higher. External links are a major factor in how Google determines search results, according to separate reports from Moz and Searchmetrics.
However, because this process can be manipulated, it’s important that those links be legitimate to avoid being seen as spammy by Google’s algorithms. While organic links are more important than ever, the legitimacy of those links is also more important than ever. With Google placing such a strong emphasis on links, here are a few things you can do to improve your links for SEO purposes.
It’s not officially winter yet, but tell that to Buffalo and the rest of Western New York State which got literally blasted with #Snovember.
To see the full benefits of social media in your enterprise, you need to successfully scale your social efforts across your organization. That takes planning and a strong foundation. Download our white paper, "Organize Your Social Business" to get five tips to organize and integrate your enterprise's social media strategy—across all teams, departments, and business units.
Click here: http://ow.ly/Er3xL
In this valuable free white paper you will gain insight on how to mandate social media use to positively impact all departments including how to:
• Integrate social into existing organizational and departmental goals.
• Listen to conversations about your brand and learn from your competitors.
• Engage to build community: Empower your Social Team to contribute to the conversation.
• Secure your online profiles to avoid publishing errant messages.
• Measure your social ROI: Build the capacity for measurement into every social action
• Amplify your outreach and invest in a social future
Today, establishing a social-media presence for your brand has become a checkbox item, a necessary part of building brand visibility and connecting with the 1.5 billion social-media users worldwide.
And brands are spending a lot of money on it.
Companies are spending anywhere between $100,000 to $300,000 (and sometimes even more) to build and maintain their social followings. Between ads, salaries of social-media managers, and of course the requisite marketing tools and services to keep it all together, social is now a significant investment for most brands.
- 8 Online-Marketing Terms Business Owners Must Know
- Now That Your Public Tweets Are Searchable, Here's How to Delete the Embarrassing Ones
- Twitter Lets Users Search for Every Public Tweet Ever Sent
- 7 Key Social Media Mistakes to Avoid
- [Learn How] Create Highly Shareable Posts on Facebook
- Twitter Will Onboard Users With “Instant Timeline”, Inject Top Tweets From “While You Were Away”