Ever since the bygone days of the Wild West, folks have always wanted to check out the newcomer in town and hear all the latest gossip before they got better acquainted.
These days Pinterest, the fastest drawing social media network in history, has everyone eyeing it with curiosity and just a little trepidation. They wonder if it will settle down — or become another in a long line of drifters who pass through town.
Facebook is letting marketers use its Canvas ad product on organic posts on the platform. The feature enables ads to be posted live on mobile, therefore loading around 10 times faster than the average mobile page, the company said.
Digital Marketing Director
Confidential (600 employees, $320MM, not-for-profit)
Reports to the Vice President, Technology
This person has 3-4 direct reports
Company is the largest educational travel organization in the Unites States and is accredited as a school by the regional accrediting bodies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Company specializes in providing educational travel opportunities to more than 300,000 students annually in 85 countries around the world. Their programs support the study of history, science, performance, foreign languages, and business to meet the educational needs of elementary, secondary and university level students, as well as providing specialized international sports and performance conferences, events and festivals.
After almost 50 years and several acquisitions, Company now has 600 full time employees in over 20 locations, as well as 600 part time/seasonal associates with $320MM in annual revenue.
The Digital Marketing Director is responsible for the development and execution of the company’s digital marketing strategy and program elements to drive awareness of company’s brand and products and sales leads. Digital channels include email marketing, website lead capture, SEO, PPC, social media, and digital advertising. Responsibilities include development of an improved overall website strategy, the successful implementation of the marketing/email automation platform, and managing the integration of marketing information with the company’s CRM. Responsibilities also include the procurement and management of purchased prospect lists and internal customer lists across divisions. The Digital Marketing Director will be responsible for managing a team and ensuring their performance drives business results.
· Develop and execute digital marketing strategy and recommended budget in collaboration with the Technology and Marketing organizations.
· Develop digital analytics strategy with team members, and makes recommendations for improvement based on results and metrics
· Develop and execute strategy for increasing web leads to meet company goals
· Assist in development and execution of SEO strategy (including website presentation of company’s product lines, website content, landing pages, social media, and link building programs) in collaboration with VP and potentially with outside consultants
· Serve as company subject matter expert on email marketing strategy for promotional, trigger, nurture and other campaigns, including developing best practices for creative and call to action, testing, deployment, and analysis of effectiveness
· Serve as company expert on customer segmentation. Also serves as company subject matter expert on prospect and customer lists and develops process for efficient use within and among divisions
· Manage relationship with external vendors including database and list providers, and email marketing platform provider.
· Manage team members to ensure that all department work is delivered on time, on budget, and meet company goals
Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree or higher; technical degree or extended industry certifications a plus
· 7+ years digital marketing experience preferred
· Strong knowledge of digital marketing best practices and current trends
· Experience building and integrating a company-wide digital marketing plan
· Demonstrated success in the development and execution of SEO, PPC strategy and tactics and digital advertising programs
· Demonstrated success in the usage of email marketing platforms and best practices
· Experience in prospect list management and customer segmentation
· Working knowledge of HTML
· Excellent team management skills: personnel management, project management skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to manage deadlines
· Excellent analytical skills to measure and improve ROI of digital initiatives
· Experience managing outside vendors
· Problem Solving
· Business Acumen
· Mission Driven
· Motivating Others
· Integrity & Trust
· Customer Focus
Bachelor’s degree required. Technical degree or advanced industry certifications a plus.
Compensation will be commensurate with the individual’s background and experience.
Senior Consultant, Executive Search
The Buller Group, LLC
10780 Parkridge Blvd., Suite 150
Reston, VA 20191
Location: New York or Boston
An innovative pioneer in file sharing and collaborative systems is seeking a Senior Manager, Digital Advertising to lead the digital advertising efforts globally.
- 7 years SEO,PPC, banner and social media advertising Experience in managing a team of marketing and advertising staff Experience in building and managing PPC campaigns Experience with SEO site audits.
- BA/BS Marketing
- Experience in B2B enterprise software
- Knowledge of analytics such as Google Analytics
Please send resumes to :
I've found a very cool company that has been flying under the radar until I read about them in Robert Scoble's blog.
He said, "They will treat you different" and boy, was he right. I contacted them about our group and they made us an offer we can't refuse: FREE ACCESS to SocialAppHQ's product suite, but only for a limited time. This is WAAAAYYYY cool! It's like a combination of Radian6, HootSuite and Wildfire Apps all rolled into one. And even though they are still in stealth mode, a ton of major businesses already use them including Paypal, Harley Davidson, Papa John's, AARP, BBB, Vin Diesel, Sean Paul, SnapDeal, Motorola and IBM.
It is so easy to use and has such an intuitive and elegant control dashboard that we're using it for SocialMediopolis and several other sites. You can try it for yourself at no cost - register for FREE for SocialAppsHQ here.