When Facebook first announced it would circumvent ad blocking software, Adblock Plus (ABP) built a workaround in two days, boasting that “We promised that the open source community would have a solution very soon…This time that community seems to have gotten the better of even a giant like Facebook.”
Twitter will no longer count photos, videos, polls and quoted tweets against its 140-character limit, but it will for certain ads. Here's the workaround.
Fandango has launched movie ticket sales on Facebook and added a ticket purchasing option to the iOS 10 messaging app. The online ticket-seller also plans to roll out a sales interface on Snapchat.
A new organization, The Coalition for Better Ads, has been launched to “leverage consumer insights and cross-industry expertise to develop and implement new global standards for online advertising that address consumer expectations.”
More Articles ...
- Marketers, consumers love social video [report]
- The right way to market on Snapchat
- YouTube Creator Studio App Updated With Data Insights
- 70% of In-Store Purchases Will Be Driven by Online Research [Infographic]
- Ello meets ecommerce: Ello launches ‘Buy’ and ‘Hire Me’ buttons
- Google improves real-time in-app ad offer