Sid Patil is an interesting character.
Head of data science at Twitter (the TellApart division: TellApart was recently acquired by Twitter), Sid held senior analytics posts at DemandTec (acquired by IBM) before becoming chief science officer at Freshplum (acquired by TellApart). You could say that he’s an acquired talent.
The magic number is no longer 140. Twitter has officially lifted its 140-character limit on direct messages. Users will begin seeing this change today across Twitter’s iOS and Android apps, Twitter.com, TweetDeck, and Twitter for Mac. All others should have this capability within the next few weeks.
Some valuable parental life lessons translate well into fundamental strategies for social media. Use these basic principles to effectively connect and engage with your audience.
When I give presentations on social media, I often refer to Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People. After all, so much about social media is about building strong relationships with others. And that's what Dale preached as well as anybody, especially in his classic book.
Nearly a year after Foursquare’s relaunch, we caught up with chief executive Dennis Crowley to talk Foursquare’s future, its plan to cash in on ad tech, privacy, burrito discovery, and why the six-year-old startup doesn’t have to kill Yelp.
Here’s our Q&A, trimmed for clarity.
- CrunchWeek: Earnings Beatdown, Twitter’s Palace Intrigue And VR Goes Full Weird
- 6 Lead Generation Tactics That Can Give Startups a Big Boost
- Tweets of the Week: Rapper Beefs, Jon Stewart and Underwear
- 5 Ways to Generate Business Through LinkedIn
- Social Publishing Service Wattpad Hacked, “Some” Passwords May Have Been Exposed
- Google May Not Give a F*** About Twitter, But Experts Say It Should